Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sitara



Located at:
3585 Harrison Boulevard
Ogden, UT 84403-2039
(801) 781-6869
sitaraindia.com

February 17, 2010

This was not my first visit and it will surely not be my last. For those of you out there who have a hard time trying something new-go for the lunch buffet. A deal at $7.99 for lunch. You can try a variety of dishes and not feel bad if you don't finish your plate. Try a little of everything and find what you like. You may get to sample things that are not on the menu (like today's coconut cream soup). Lunch is a much better time to go because service in the evening can be slow.

A great place to run into people from the nearby University and a casual enough place you can wear your workout clothes and still fit in. You might even meet the owner-who regularly walks around to say hello to customers.

For today's lunch buffet I enjoyed the chicken saag- a chicken and spinach dish cooked with chopped onions and tomato gravy. It was a first for me, as I usually go straight for the chicken curry. Thank you to my lunch guest for promoting me to try saag (not Saab). I also tried the chicken korma-boneless cubes of chicken cooked in a mild cashew nut gravy with onion paste and fresh cream. A little sweet though a nice contrast to the saag.

If you have a sweet tooth-the buffet includes dessert.

With naan (bread), soup, salad, a variety of meat and meatless dishes, and dessert-$7.99 is a deal.

1 comment:

  1. I've had the buffet three times and I have to say I prefer the dishes from their menu. Oh well, good that there's something for everybody.

    (I'm shovelling down their spicy lamb biryani as I write this)

    ReplyDelete